Wednesday, March 18, 2009

NYC Day 1, part B

So after all that mess, I headed on to Parson's. I noticed while I was there how incredibly difficult it is to find things... For some reason, it's super-easy to miss what you're looking for. Parson's was in a nondescript dark grey building with no real indication that it was actually Parson's. Jerks.
(Architecture student's work on display at Parson's... GREAT way to communicate your work without words!)

I left there after an hour or so, and then proceeded to get incredibly lost in SOHO/ Greenwich Village for the next 2 hours or so. Walking. Stopping into an occasional store. More walking. Trying to find the Storefront for Art & Architecture by Stephen Holl. I got so fed up and tired of walking that I stopped at Eileen's Cheesecake Shop for a snack.


AMAZING. Seriously, this is a place to go to if you're in NYC. They don't have a ton of variety, with an even smalller store, but it's fantastic. After my treat of goodness, I turned the corner and lo-and-behold... the Storefront for Art & Architecture.



Disappointing!! I had hoped for something fancier, maybe? Maybe something that sparkled and glittered when the sunlight hit it? I'm not sure what I hoped for, exactly, but it was just okay. I'm glad I got to see it, though. After all that mess, I got to go back up North to my friend's house. Long day. And my dogs were officially BARKING.

Good news, people. There's still 3 more days to this trip!!

*k

No comments: