Friday, April 1, 2011

PUNCH.

So living at the beach is wonderful. My house is three blocks off the water, which means that when it's warm, Ed and I can take walks on the boardwalk. It also means that people are a bit more relaxed- neighbors sit on their porches and hang out. I may be the youngest person on the block by a good 30 years, but I like it. I got cupcakes from NeighborErika two weeks ago. A few weeks ago, St. Patrick's Day was celebrated by an entire day of partying and parade-ing outside my house. This is my neighbor Jimmy, who apparently gets really into the holiday.

Living near the beach does have it's drawbacks, though. I have mini-breakdown freakouts when I realize I haven't been taking care of my "temple" as I should have. Aka, my body is not beach-ready. (I may also have freak outs regarding my bathing suit selections, but that's beside the point.) Also adding to the mess of it all, I get bored when working out. Unless someone is there telling me (yelling) what to do, I probably will just sit down and think about Unicorns.

Luckily, one of my friends managed to procure a heavy bag for his garage gym. Woooooo! I have discovered, when punching and kicking this bag, whoever is holding the bag gets to ask any question they feel like asking, and I'll tell them the honest answer. The punching bag, for me, is like truth serum. (So if you ever need an honest opinion or answer from me.... to the punching bag!) And while I love punching and kicking, two times a week is still just not enough for my otherwise sedentary body.

Sedentary body, meet BODY BY KEN. No kidding, I signed up for this. Here are my thoughts regarding said activity:
1. I might die.
2. This guy is slightly... um... yeah...
3. Not only is he slightly... um... yeah..., but so are his other trainers.
4. No hurt, No mini-skirt!.... really?
5. I can't wait to share stories of this guy.
6. GRAPHIC DESIGN GENIUS!!!
7. It doesn't start for another few weeks. So I will enjoy my sleeping in and my body minus Ken.

And that is all. Enjoy.

*k

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to see k* back!
-rb

Anonymous said...

Bring on the curtains.