Thursday, January 28, 2010

punch. in. the. face.

So when I started this blog, it was intended to be a design blog. But it's morphed into a bit more than that. At times, it's a collection of fun things I've been doing, things I love to look at, or things that make me smile. Other times, it's a record of what I've been up to lately. And at other times, it turns into a bit of a release of sorts... I named it punch in the face for many reasons. One of which was that it related to my thesis at the time that I was in grad school. But now, it seems a bit appropriate in relation to everything I tend to do or be involved in. Sometimes, you get news that hits you like a punch in the face. It sucks the wind out of you and leaves you broken, bullied, bruised, swollen and hurting.

We got news on Tuesday that Meghan's cancer has metastasized and is now in her brain. She finished treatments in July from breast cancer- treatments that included a single mastectomy, chemo, radiation and other things you never wish upon anyone. Not even on people that cut you off in traffic, people that say terrible things about you, or people that offend and hurt you. You wish, at times, that you could take the physical pain of others upon yourself. Or perhaps dole it out to a number of people that can help carry the weight.

You wish you understood why. You cry yourself to sleep knowing that there is a road that you must walk, pain that you must endure, and hope beyond hope that the light at the end is brighter and shinier than it was where you started. When things happen like this, you wish you understood what you know in your heart- that God is good. You hope that you will soon understand it in your head, but also know that you will never understand His goodness and His love- and that's the beauty of it. You can't understand why or how, but you trust Him.

If you pray, pray hard.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I am truly sorry to hear this. I loved meeting Meghan over the break and we will be praying hard for a miracle.

Michelle Conner said...

We're all praying with you.

Roadrunner Chronicles said...

I thought, "VERY well said" as I fought through the tears to finish reading your post.

I love you,
Dad

Happytrails said...

We are friends of your mom and dad.

We are praying with you and we are praying hard!!

God Bless,
Mike and Gerri Jones