Thursday, August 27, 2009

Aunt Sue Sunshine.

It's been so great to be able to stay with UncleFather and AuntMother these past couple of months. I don't have a lot to repay them with, so I do what I can, with what I have, where I am. I think that's a quote from a president's wife. Let's just check to make sure. False. It was from Teddy Roosevelt. Which would make him NOT a President's wife.

Anyway. Aunt Sue's birthday was yesterday, so once again, it was cupcakextravaganza time. This time, however, the cupcakes decided to either riot or throw a rave in the oven. I can't decide which. After careful monitoring of their progress, and sweating it out, they made it to the other side. (From raw to baked, of course) In a moment of clarity, I decided that the cupcakes needed to be green. In fact, they MUST be green. That was in order to acheive my full design vision, of course. Which was a sunflower, by request.

Anyway. I tried out two new recipes. The first was for a delicious sugar-cookie-tasting cupcake. Which ended up tasting delicious, despite the bailing out of their containers. The second was for the icing. And that was a bit too confectioner's sugar-y. I guess the combination of the cake and the sugar was okay in the end, but during production, it was a mess.

So. Here they are. The unveiling of the preliminary Aunt Sue Sunshine cupcakes.
I made a much bigger mess than last time. And this was only at the beginning. I could not pick up my camera for fear of sugar invading the casing when I was midway through cupcake-ing.


This is me. Waiting. For the butter to get to room temperature.

ONE TIME. I have been tempted ONE TIME to eat a creamy butter and sugar mixture. And this was that time. It looks like mashed potatoes and delectable. I resisted that nasty urge, though.

The cupcakes after they were done cooking. MESS.

The cupcakes have been cleaned up some. But they still look like leprechaun snot.

And this, my friends, is what homemade icing looks like.

And now... the unveiling.






Ta-daaa!!!

1 comment: