Wednesday, January 21, 2009

thankful.

I could post some things today talking about the inaguration and how the Mrs. finally got it right (nice work, btw!): but what is really on my heart is that I'm thankful. I'm thankful that I live in a country that recognizes that the President is merely a man- prone to fail and suck at times (just like us all), but that our faith in this country is undeterred.



This post is about even more than that, though...

I'm thankful for hair that stays on my head and fingernails that grow. I'm thankful that I can sleep without feeling ill. I'm thankful for the curves and extra pounds that never seem to leave (for that is what helps keep me healthy). I'm thankful that I don't live surrounded by needles and doctors.
I'm thankful that even if any of these would happen to me, I would have the *best* support out there, interceding on my behalf. I'm thankful for parents that care deeply, for brothers that love with their entire soul, for the friends that make you laugh when laughing seems impossible. So for those of you out there that are fighting, keep fighting. We love you, we support you, we're praying for you daily, and we know you can kick cancer's assface.




*k

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I've enjoyed reading all the blogs about Obama. It's awesome to see so many people inspired.