Monday, July 11, 2011

eharmony.

So I did it. I joined eharmony. Except I joined it about 2 months ago. So far, it's been pretty disappointing. Two months have resulted in two dates that failed miserably. The first one was okayish. But the guy asked me to meet him and his friends for brunch at his house for the second date. Um... no. The second date guy didn't even pay for my coffee. Not like I can't buy my own coffee, but I refused the second date offer, thinking I'd have to buy my own dinner. No thanks.

I've gotten matched with the likes of this guy:

(just in case you're wondering, I named that file "omg.jpg" on my computer. It's only fitting.)

And this one too:
The one thing I am most passionate about:
Philosophy paintball medieval fantasy programming theology

The one thing I wish MORE people would notice about me:
I can be arrogant

The things I can't live without are:
Jesus's grace
paintball
my family
close friends

Some additional information I want you to know:
I recognize the need to have an open mind but I also recognize that even atheists don't have the mental capacity to comprehend and consider everything and they end up putting there faith in someone or something. For instance they may read a book never going to great lengths to find the facts behind the book and then they don't even realize they too have blind faith in something. I just happened upon christian truth, believed, and am told to develop a relationship with Jesus.

I typically spend my leisure time:
surfing the internet sometimes paintball working on paintball guns
 
FAIL.
 
And so this morning, I took things into my own hands. I wrote them a letter. See below:
I have been very disappointed with the matches I've received; they've been outside my radius, and generally a bunch of weirdos. I'd like to either change my settings to ONLY receive local matches (who are preferrably normal, socially well-adjusted, and attractive men), or to discontinue my membership. Please advise if this is possible.

3 comments:

Erin said...

AMAZING. You.are.hilaaaaaaaaarious. In the spirit of Bridget Jones, Liz Lemmon, and the Holy one .... The best is yet to come! *Also, I heard there was a Star Trek conference (no lie) in Owens Mills, MD last weekend. Maybe eHarm had a booth at the expo?

BdotW said...

This guy is representing my species? The guy who chastises someone for not having the mental capacity to comprehend something in the same (run-on) sentence where he uses there instead of their?

I thought moving to DC would save me from the kind of crap I saw in Va Beach bars, but I forgot the interwebs accommodates unrelenting idiocy worldwide.

Anonymous said...

One word. Paintball.

*M