Monday, April 5, 2010

Randolph.

There are so many reasons why I love my dad. Here are some of them.

1. He is quite a studmuffin. I mean, look at this.



2. He is one of the most caring and compassionate men I know.
3. He makes me laugh. When he tells jokes and when he's just sitting around not trying to make me laugh.
4. He treats Mom like a queen, and never fails to compliment her and tell her how great she is.
5. He is quick to listen.
6. He provides for his family.
7. He's why I've waited so long to get married. I want to find a guy like my dad, and they just don't make them quite like they used to.
8. He (and Mom) raised an incredible man in Adam.
9. He is the best dancer I've ever seen. Seriously, you should ask him to show you some of his moves.
10. He taught me how to ride a bike.
11. He lets me tweeze his eyebrows on occasion.
12. He taught me how to drive a car, and we've both lived to tell about it.
13. He taught me how to fall asleep anywhere.
14. He taught me the value of being wise with your money.
15. He instilled in me the value of planting flowers at your home.
16. He led our family to be a family that loves the Lord.
17. He always brought presents back from trips he went on. Even if the presents were the shampoo bottles from the hotel rooms, he let us know he was thinking of us.
18. He tells me that he's either a) my biggest fan, or b) I'm his biggest daughter.
19. He makes me smile.
20. He encourages me.

I could go on for days. Really, I could.

Happy birthday, Big Poppa. I love you.

*k

4 comments:

tmelle said...

He's all man - not a doubt about it.

One of my all time favorite guys.

Hillary Clarendon said...

#11 and #18 are my favorite

Roadrunner Chronicles said...

Kels,
oh Kelly -- I was with you until #9. And then the one about the hotel shampoo bottles....Are there NO family secrets??

You're the best...and I AM STILL YOUR BIGGEST FAN!

Love,
Dads

Happytrails said...

Very nice tribute to a wonderful person....your dad!!

Mike & Gerri Jones....full-time friends of your Mom and Dad. :)