Monday, February 15, 2010

And the punches keep rolling in.

It snowed on Thursday. Unexpectedly for me... I don't watch much news, and the only weather news I see is what comes up on my iGoogle homepage. So here it came... about 8 inches of it. Ed loved the stuff. And I love watching Ed play. It brings joy to my life.





So Friday morning rolled around, and of course, the streets were not plowed. And then my power turned off, leaving my stranded. I parked in the garage that night (wouldn't you, if it was snowing?)... but I got locked in. Once I figured out how to manually release the door, I went in to work. And promptly got laid off. !??!!?!?! I went home to regroup, and have no plan. But I feel better about the steps I've taken. With only 4 months of employment under my belt, this situation is all to familiar. But I'm reminded of a verse I just posted:

Romans 5:3-5

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.



and some friends sent some encouragement. I <3 them.

*k

ps. know of anyone looking to hire in the dfw area? anyone?! bueller? anyone?

3 comments:

Greta said...

Kelly - I am so sorry to hear about your job. :( I thought I'd pass along another verse for encouragement.

"Your ear shall hear a word behind you, saying 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left." - Isaiah 30:21

God is there, always, even when it feels like He's gone on vacation. So chin up, friend - He is preparing something even better for you!

rickybobby said...

YOU'RE a good friend!

ZippyPinHead said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.