Thursday, December 4, 2008

let's talk about pain.

The kind of pain where it hurts to move anything... including your fingers. That's the kind of pain I'm in right now. I got talked into doing this workout with a friend from school... and it's not just any kind of work out. It's the kind of workout that Navy Seals do. Of course, I'm sure their intensity is much different than mine was this morning. Especially when plodding along- one foot in front of the other- in the dark, in the 29 degrees. For one hour, I ran, I sat up, I pushed up, I bear crawled, I crab walked, I sprinted, I leg raised... and then repeated about 35 times. Not knowing what to expect, exactly, I made sure I was winterized. I'm including a picture of the pile of clothes I set out the night before. To be exact, there were 4 layers of pants, 6 layers of tops, two pairs of gloves, two pairs of socks, and a head band. Once I got started, however, three of those layers came off and I managed to finish... vomit-free! Their website, should you wish to subject yourself to an insanely difficult workout every morning for a minimum of two weeks, is www.sealteampt.com. Enjoy-


*k

No comments: