Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When I was a kid...

I don't remember a TON from my childhood, but it is decidedly a whole heck of a lot more than my brother remembers. He will tell people that his memory has been erased from before the age of 12. I, however, think that is not the case. I'm pretty sure he's got at least these three stored up in his steel trap:

1. An "incident" involving me, his hamster, a bucket, a dead hamster, and tears. He maintains this was an actual occurrence, rather than something he made up. I do not remember this. And I maintain my innocence.

2. Pretty sure he may also remember a certain time when a neighbor kid and the two of us were playing basketball. Things got heated, I got mad, kid may or may not have ended up getting thrown into the bushes. Again, the details of this incident are a bit shady.

3. We used to go to the minor league baseball games in Albuquerque frequently. I remember getting a pack of sixlets from 7-11, and heading on our way to the games. We usually sat in the outfield on the grass, but there were a couple special times when we got real seats. This particular time, we went with Adam's Boyscout troop and sat in seats. Sometime after a few innings, a message posted on the scoreboard of... "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADAM WARNER!" or something of the like. He was stoked out of his mind. Really excited.

All that to say... I remember well the Dukes. They were my #1 baseball team. They were the minor league team for the Dodgers when we attended, and superb players were marked by their blue shoes. The ragtags still had red. Anyway, Mom and Dad are in New Mexico these days. And they sent me this t-shirt. It made my day.


also, this.

No comments: